Get the book “72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans” on Kindle for $0.99
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring Dave Ramsey Fans recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
From Coleen @ My Ugly Couch
INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS
- take a 24 ounce package of dried pinto beans, put them in a large soup pot, cover them with water and let them soak overnight. When you are ready to cook – drain the water, cover them with fresh water by about 3 inches, add a bunch of salt and boil them on high. Once they’re boiling, turn the heat down to medium and boil for about 45 minutes.
- Here’s what you do whilst the beans are cooking. You chop…
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 carrots (about)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Then in a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil on medium high and sautee the onions, peppers and carrots. When they’ve softened, add the garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
- add a 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes…juice and all. Stir and let it simmer on medium-low while the beans continue to cook.
- add few tablespoons of Beef Masala mix.
- 4 or 5 tablespoons of Royco Mchuzi Mix, spicy beef flavor
- add the tomato, pepper, onion mixture to the beans and stir it up
- Let it cook all together until the beans are nice and soft.
Please see actual website for pictures and detailed instructions – My Ugly Couch
Please share your favorite recipes and enjoy the A-Z Challenge.