Mexican Skillet Rice
This recipe from Taste of Home
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked jasmine or long grain rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) jar taco sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg over medium-high heat until set. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, beans, corn, peppers, taco sauce and green onions; heat through. Stir in reserved egg. Sprinkle rice with cilantro.
Please see source website for additional pictures and detailed instructions – Taste of Home
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
***The mention of any brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.