Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Coconut Rice Pudding Brulee
Aunt Clara & Aunt Ilana @ Aunt Clara’s Kitchen
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- ¾ cup of Rice Bowl long grain rice
- 1 quart [1 lt] of water
- 4 cups of Fusia coconut milk
- 2 cups of Baker’s Corner evaporated milk
- ¾ cup of Baker’s Corner granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Stonemill Essentials salt
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon of Stonemill Essentials clove powder
- 1 cup of Baker’s Corner coconut
- ⅓ cup of Baker’s Corner brown sugar for the caramel (optional)
- Mix rice, water, coconut milk, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon stick and clove powder in a 3-quart [3 lt] pot. Let it rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Take the pot to the stove and simmer covered over medium-low heat until the grains of rice have nearly tripled in size and volume has reduced to a third. Stir often to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- Add grated coconut and simmer covered over very low heat for another 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a cool pot, stir until it has cooled to room temperature.
- Poor into a broiler-safe baking pan, cover with aluminum foil and chill in the refrigerator. Once chilled-through place in the freezer for half an hour.
- Remove the aluminum foil. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and burn the sugar with a torch, or place in the broiler over high heat until sugar caramelizes.
- Serve immediately.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Aunt Clara’s Kitchen
Costs = $ 4.89
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.