Cuban Rice and Black Bean Salad with Jalapeño Mustard
This recipe comes to us from Frank’s RedHot Website
- 1 Tbsp. FRENCH’S® Classic Yellow® Mustard
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chopped jalapeños
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. FRANK’S RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans,drained and rinsed
- 1 cup julienne bell peppers and whole kernel corn
- WHISK together mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin and Frank’s RedHot Sauce in large bowl.
- STIR in rice, black beans, bell peppers and corn; toss to blend. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish as desired.
Please see source website for additional pictures and detailed instructions – Frank’s RedHot Website
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
***The mention of any brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.
Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Rice Bowl
Get the book “72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans” on Kindle for $0.99
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring Dave Ramsey Fans recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Rice Bowl
From Jeanette @ Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 pineapple, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Thai chili or 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups medium-grain brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 dried hot chilies
- 6 dried mild chilies (I used New Mexico chilies; ancho chilies would also work)
- 2 chipotle chiles, seeded
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic sugar
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 piece cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper or Thai chili pepper, seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Pineapple and Zucchini Salsa
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Season with salt, to taste. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use. Bring to room temperature just before serving.
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent. Add rice and cook about 2-3 minutes or until rice gets a little toasty. Place rice in a rice cooker, and add water and salt. Cook on brown rice setting. Fluff just before serving.
- Place chiles in a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until softened. Remove stems and seeds and transfer softened chiles to a food processor. Add all remaining ingredients, except chicken, and puree until smooth. Cover chicken in marinade. Let marinate at least 1 hour and preferably overnight. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place marinade in a small saucepan and cook until slightly reduced. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill. Grill chicken until cooked through. Cut into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients for Fresh Tomato Salsa together in a small bowl. Drain excess liquid.
- In 4 or 6 serving bowls, scoop a spoonful of rice into the bowl. Arrange Chicken, Pineapple and Zucchini Salsa, Black Beans, Fresh Tomato Salsa, and Roasted Corn on top of rice. Spoon some cooked chicken marinade on top of chicken if desired.
Please see actual website for pictures and detailed instructions – Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Please share your favorite recipes and enjoy the A-Z Challenge.