Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Red Beans & Rice Casserole
Joanie @ Zag Left
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1 tablespoon Carlini olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12-ounces Parkview beef sausage, sliced
- 1 16-ounce can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans
- 1 10-ounce can Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes and Chilies
- 1½ cups Rice Bowl Instant White Rice
- 1½ cups Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Happy Farms cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and green peppers and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring for a minute more.
- Add in the sausage and red beans and stir.
- Mix in the can of undrained diced tomatoes and chilies, the rice and the chicken broth. Stir well.
- Transfer to the baking dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Zag Left
Costs = $
*If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.