Oxtail Beef Soup
Get the book “72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans” on Kindle for $0.99
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring Dave Ramsey Fans recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Oxtail Beef Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef oxtail, cut into pieces
- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat (optional)
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ears corn on the cob, broken in half
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1/3 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (optional)
- 1 head cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 8 corn tortillas (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat, and brown the oxtails and beef stew meat on all sides. Add water to cover the meat, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 30 minutes. Skim off and discard any foam that collects at the top.
- Drop in the bouillon cube, onion, celery, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and corn ears, stir to combine, and simmer the soup until the meat is very tender, about 2 hours. Stir in the carrots and potatoes, simmer for 30 more minutes, then stir in the lentils, rice, mixed vegetables, and cabbage. Simmer until the rice, lentils, and cabbage are tender, about 30 more minutes. Serve with a half ear of corn in each bowl, with hot steamed tortillas for dipping in the broth.
Please see actual website for pictures and detailed instructions – Allrecipes.com
Please share your favorite recipes and enjoy the A-Z Challenge.