Moroccan Chickpea Chili
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic to pan; cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, and next 7 ingredients (to ground red pepper); cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add water tomato paste, chickpeas and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and juice.
Please see source website for additional pictures and detailed instructions – Best Cinnamon Recipes Blog
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
***The mention of any brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.