Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Skillet Beans and Rice with Kielbasa
Amy @ Very Culinary
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1 tablespoon Carlini extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Countryside Creamery unsalted butter
- 1 package (14 ounce) Parkview polska kielbasa, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Rice Bowl white rice
- 2 cups Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounce) Dakota’s Pride pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Stonemill Essentials Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked Stonemill Essentials red pepper flakes
- Stonemill Essentials salt and Stonemill Essentials pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley –> Not sold in Aldi stores. May sub with dried parsley.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high. Add the kielbasa and onion; sauté until onions become soft and translucent (about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the rice, chicken broth, beans, Italian seasoning, cracked red pepper, and a dash of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20-22 minutes until rice is done.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Very Culinary
Costs = $ 5.00
*If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.