Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Jen @ Use Real Butter
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 4 tortas
- 1 cup Casa Mamitas refritos (refried beans), warmed
- 1/2 cup Benita cotija cheese (or cheddar), crumbled or grated
- avocado (one avocado should be sufficient for four tortas), sliced like this
- 12 slices Appleton Farms bacon, cooked
- chipotle Burman’s mayonnaise (see below)
- 4 Goldhen eggs, cooked to your liking
- 2 tbsps chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, puréed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed into a paste
- 1/2 cup mayo
- salt to taste
- fresh lime juice to taste
- Make the chipotle mayonnaise: Stir the chipotle purée and garlic paste into the mayonnaise. Add salt and lime juice to taste. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Slice the torta(s) in half. Toast the bread if desired. Spread a quarter cup of refritos on one half of the torta. Sprinkle cotija cheese over the refritos. Layer 3-4 slices of avocado over the cheese. Place a few slices of bacon on the avocado. Squeeze or spread the chipotle mayonnaise on the bacon. Top with a fried egg or scrambled egg sheet (just like scrambled eggs, except you let it cook in a sheet like a pancake). Place the other half of the torta on top and serve hot. Makes 4 tortas.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Use Real Butter
Costs = $ 6.18
I used hamburger buns for the torta. I imagine you can substitute with an english muffin or bagel as well.
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.