Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Crockpot Coconut Beans & Rice
Karen @ 365 Days of Slow Cooking
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1 (13.5 oz) can FUSIA Asian Inspiration coconut milk (full fat is best)
- 1 cup Fit & Active brown rice
- 1 tsp Stonemill Essentials minced garlic
- 1 (14 oz) can Dakota’s Pride black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 tsp Stonemill Essentials salt
- 1 tsp Baker’s Corner sugar
- 1 Tbsp Simply Nature coconut oil
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 lime, juiced
- Green onion, for garnish (optional)
- Shake up the can of coconut milk and then open it and pour it in the slow cooker. You may need to use a spatula to get it all out.
- Add the rice, garlic, beans, salt, sugar, coconut oil and boiling water to the slow cooker. Stir a bit.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 3 hours, or until rice is tender.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into the rice and gently stir. Scoop onto serving plates and garnish with green onion, if desired.
Please see actual website for pictures and detailed instructions – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Costs = $2.79
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.