Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Turkey, Bean and Spinach Soup
Rachel @ Rachel Cooks
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 2 tablespoons Carlini extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Kirkwood ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of Stonemill Essentials red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials dried basil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (15.8 ounce) can Dakota’s Pride great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces Little Salad Bar baby spinach
- 3 cups Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Reggano Grated Parmesan Cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown the turkey with the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes,and pepper until the turkey is cooked through and then onions are translucent (about 7 minutes).
- Add the oregano, basil, HUNT’s tomatoes (with liquid), and beans. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add spinach and cover for about 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir to combine.
- Add broth, stir, and increase heat to medium. Continue to cook until heated through – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, and serve.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Rachel Cooks
Costs = $ 7.50
*If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.