Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Cheesy Enchilada Rice and Beans Casserole
Oriana @ Que Rica Vida
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1 cup Pueblo Lindo red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup canned Dakota’s Pride black beans, drained
- 2 cups Rice Bowl white rice, cooked
- 1 cup Happy Farms cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Happy Farms Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos, grated
- 3/4 cup Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, drained
- Cilantro (optional – used for garnish) –> Not sold in Aldi stores
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the enchilada sauce with the beans, cooked rice, 1/2 cup of cheddar, 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack and 1/2 cup of corn in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Place the mixture in an 8×8 casserole.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese and corn.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve hot.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Que Rica Vida
Costs = $ 4.63
*If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.