Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Chicken and Black Bean Green Chili Rice Skillet
Jenny @ Picky Palate
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 2 cups Fit & Active brown rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Carlini extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials garlic minced
- two 4 ounce cans Pueblo Lindo green chiles from can
- 3/4 cup Dakota’s Pride black beans, drained (about 1/2 15 ounce can)
- 2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials ground cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups cooked, chopped Kirkwood chicken
- 1 teaspoon Burman’s hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Happy Farms cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Happy Farms mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and heat cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook rice according to packaging directions and set aside. Heat oil in skillet and when hot, add onion and garlic, stirring until softened about 5 minutes. Stir in cooked rice, green chiles, black beans, cumin, lime juice, chicken and hot sauce. Top with cheeses and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Picky Palate
Costs = $ 6.70
*If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.