Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Southwest Beans & Rice
Pam @ Once a Month Meals
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 2 cups Fit & Active brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups Dakota’s Pride black beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- 1 cup Happy Harvest corn
- 0.5 cup Casa Mamita salsa
- 1-2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials cumin
- 0.5 cup Happy Farms shredded cheese (optional)
- In a bowl, mix rice, beans, corn, salsa, and cumin. Scoop into a baking dish and sprinkle with cheese, if using. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and rice is warmed through. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro or a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Serve as a side dish, or spoon into warmed tortillas and eat burrito-style.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Once a Month Meals
Costs = $2.07
*If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.