Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
One Pan Chicken Burrito Bowls
Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1 pound Kirkwood boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoon of Carlini olive oil
- 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 cup of uncooked Rice Bowl extra-long grain rice
- 1 14.5 oz can of Healthy Harvest diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15oz can of Dakota’s Pride black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon of Stonemill Essentials garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Stonemill Essentials chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of Stonemill Essentials cumin
- 2 1/2 cups of Chef’s Cupboard low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of Happy Farms colby jack, monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Stonemill Essentials salt and pepper
- freshly diced tomatoes (optional – used for garnish) –> Sold in Aldi stores
- diced green onions (optional – used for garnish) –> Sold in Aldi stores
- Friendly Farms sour cream (optional – used for garnish)
- Little Salad Bar guacamole (optional – used for garnish)
- Start by sautéing onions in 2 tablespoon of olive oil until they start to soften.
- Season diced chicken with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add chicken to pan and cook over medium high heat until chicken has started to brown.
- Move chicken to one side of pan, in the other side of the pan add an additional tablespoon of olive oil and sauté uncooked rice for about 2 minutes or just until some grains start to turn golden brown.
- Stir in black beans, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle with cheese, recover and let set for 2-3 off heat to melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, green onions, sour cream and guacamole.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – No. 2 Pencil
Costs = $
*If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.