Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Black Bean & Brown Rice Chili
Malinda Sargent @ Just A Pinch
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1/2 c Fit & Active brown rice
- 1 c hot water
- 1 Tbsp Carlini canola oil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 16 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes or 2 cups
- 1 15 oz can Dakota’s Priced black beans drained
- 1 Tbsp Stonemill Essentials chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Stonemill Essentials oregano, dried
- 1 1/2 tsp Stonemill Essentials cumin
- combine the rice and water in a sauce pan and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes over low heat until liquid has been absorbed. Fluff the rice and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and add onion, pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook for 7-10 minutes over a medium heat, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatos, beans and seasonings and cook 10 more minutes over low heat stir once in awhile.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 15 minutes more. Ladle the chili in bowls serve with cornbread, and add optional toppings such as avacado, sour cream, or cheese.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Just A Pinch
Costs = $ 2.80
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.