Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Refried Bean Soup
Judy @ I’m Board, Let’s Go
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 Tbls. Casa Mamita chipotle puree*
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Essentials oregano
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Essentials cumin
- 2 C. Chef’s Cupboard chicken stock
- 1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 can Dakota’s Pride refried beans
- 1 can Dakota’s Pride black or 1/2 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- In soup pot, saute onions, bell pepper and garlic in a little bit of olive oil, until soft. Add chipotle puree and spices. Saute a bit more to combine. Add chicken stock and tomatoes (undrained), then add refried beans. Bring to boil while stirring to combine refried beans into the soup. Reduce heat, add black or pinto beans and continue to simmer for flavors to meld. You can eat right away if you’re in a hurry, or let it simmer 10-15 minutes (good time to make a salad or quesadilla!)
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – I’m Board, Let’s Go
Costs = $ 4.25
*If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.