Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet
Nicole @ Heat Oven to 350
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1 tablespoon Carlini canola oil
- 2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15 oz) Dakota’s Pride black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked Fit & Active brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Happy Farms Cheddar cheese
- Stonemill Essentials Salt and Stonemill Essentials pepper
- Heat oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, bell pepper, onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook and stir an additional minute.
- Add black beans, undrained tomatoes, water and cooked rice to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle cheese on top. Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Heat Oven to 350
Costs = $ 4.28
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.