Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Chorizo and Red Beans Rice
Emily @ Gather and Dine
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1½ cups Fit & Active brown rice, uncooked
- 4 ounces Cacique chorizo, diced
- 1 can Dakota’s Pride red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Stonemill Essential salt
- ½ teaspoon Stonemill Essential pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Stonemill Essential paprika
- parsley or cilantro (optional – used for garnish) –> Not sold in Aldi stores
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or according to package directions.
- Saute the onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic until golden. Add the chorizo, beans, and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice, salt, pepper, and paprika and stir together thoroughly until heated through. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Gather and Dine
Costs = $ 2.74
If the amount is zero, the cost of the ingredient is less than $0.01 (one penny)
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.