Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Creamy Black Beans and Rice Bake
Kent @ From the Chuck Wagon
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 2 tablespoons Country Creamery butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped poblano
- 2 cups cooked Rice Bowl white rice (from 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 15 oz. can Dakota’s Pride black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 10.5 oz. can Chef’s Cupboard cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup Friendly Farms milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×11 inch casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and cook the onion and peppers, stirring, over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, beans and pepper mixture. Stir in the cream of celery soup and milk.
- Scrape into the baking dish and bake for approximately 25 minutes until the dish is hot. Serve warm.
Costs = $ 5.12
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – From the Chuck Wagon
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.