Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Chorizo, Rice & Bean Soup
Katerina @ DietHood
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-pound ground Cacique chorizo (you can also use the chorizo sausage sold in casings – remove from casings when cooking)
- Stonemill Essentials salt and Stonemill Essentials ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can (15-ounces) Happy Harvest diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15-ounces) Dakota’s Pride beans, rinsed and drained (you can use pinto beans, great northern, kidney… whatever you have on hand)
- 2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials dried parsley
- 2 cups Chef’s Cupboard beef stock
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup uncooked Rice Bowl white rice
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional – used for garnish) –> Not sold in Aldi stores
- lime wedges (optional – used for garnish)
- Melt butter in a dutch oven or a soup pot.
- Add diced onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic; continue to cook for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Add chorizo; season with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring to break up and crumble the meat.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and beans.
- Season with dried parsley and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beef stock and water; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and continue to cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until rice is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup into bowls; add fresh lime juice from one small wedge, sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and serve.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – DietHood
Costs = $ 4.43
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.