Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Katie @ Chocolate Covered Katie
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1/2 can Dakota’s Pride chickpeas or Dakota’s Pride white beans, drained and rinsed (125g after being drained)
- 1 tsp Stonemill Essentials pure vanilla extract
- scant 1/8 tsp Stonemill Essentials salt
- scant 1/8 tsp Baker’s Corner baking soda
- 2 tablespoons nut butter or Carlini vegetable oil (If you use peanut butter, they’ll have a slight “pb cookie dough” taste.)
- 1/3 cup Baker’s Corner brown sugar
- 2 T chocolate chips, or more if desired
- 1-2 T rolled oats or quick oats (or flaxmeal)
- optional: 1 bag chocolate chips, or Healthy Chocolate Sauce
- optional: Friendly Farms milk of choice if needed, to thin it out
Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips and form balls. (I used a melon baller.) You can eat these plain, but if you wish to cover them in chocolate, proceed thusly: Allow to chill in the fridge. Once chilled, make up the healthy chocolate sauce (linked above) OR melt chocolate chips with 2 tsp coconut oil (or shortening). Take the balls from the fridge and cover in chocolate, then return them to the fridge to harden. Stored in the fridge, I imagine these will keep for 3-4 days. But I can’t be entirely sure, since my truffles were completely gone in closer to 3-4 minutes!
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Chocolate Covered Katie
Costs = $ 2.09
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.