Buy the book (in Print or on Kindle)
“72 Ways to Prepare Beans & Rice…And Love It: A Cookbook for Dave Ramsey Fans”
During the A-Z Blog Challenge I will bring more recipes from across the web and around the world that contain BEANS and RICE to my fellow Dave Ramsey fans. As part of the challenge I would love for you to share a link to your favorite budget friendly recipe that starts with the letter of the day.
Arroz con Leche
Nicole @ Baking Bites
(Ingredients modified to include Aldi brand name)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Rice Bowl long grain rice, cooled
- 2 cups Friendly Farms milk (whole or low fat)
- 1/4 cup Friendly Farms heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Baker’s Corner sugar
- 1/4 tsp Stonemill Essentials salt
- 2 inch piece of cinnamon stick (Aldi Special Buy Item)
- 2 tsp Stonemill Essentials vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2-3 tbsp roasted pistachios, for garnish (optional)
- 2 oz Baker’s Corner brown sugar
- 2 oz water
Arroz con Leche
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt and your cinnamon stick. If you are using a vanilla bean, split it and scrape the seeds into the saucepan, as well. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook until the mixture has thickened and the rice is very tender, about 30 minutes.
When the pudding is close to being done and needs about 5 minutes of cooking time, stir in the raisins. If using vanilla extract instead of vanilla beans, stir it in along with the raisins.
When the pudding is cooked, divide it evenly into 4 large dessert bowls. Serve warm, topped with a drizzle of piloncillo syrup (and sprinkle with pistachios for crunch, if desired).
- In a small saucepan, combine piloncillo (or brown sugar) and water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and cook for 2-3 minutes after the sugar has dissolved to reduce and thicken the syrup slightly. Allow to cool slightly before using.
Recipe can be doubled or tripled for a larger batch.
Please see source website for pictures and detailed instructions – Baking Bites
Costs = $ 2.20
Subscribe via email, so you don’t miss out on something delicious! If you like what you see, please share with your friends.
***The mention of Aldi brands and/or Dave Ramsey does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation from the brand or company.