The American Pie Council is an organization committed to “preserving America’s pie heritage and promotes America’s love affair with the food”. Today (01/23/14) is National Pie Day so we are sharing a recipe for Pinto Bean Pie from Michelle at Scribbit ~ motherhood in Alaska.
Pinto Bean Pie
- 1 1/2 cups of unseasoned cooked pinto beans (can use a one 15oz. can if you prefer)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- A pinch of salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream the sugar, butter and eggs in blender.
- Add the beans, and blend until it’s thick and smooth. Add the spices and vanilla.
- Pour pie filling into an unbaked pie shell, and bake for one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
If you have a recipe you would like featured email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per week!) …because then you’ll never miss another update!