Black Bean, Cilantro and Apricot Salad
- 2-3 cups cooked black beans (or 2x14oz or 1×19 oz cans drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mango nectar or juice (I have used fresh orange juice too, which is good!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (or lime juice) – I used lemon but I am sure lime would be even better
- 1/2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Combine black beans, dried apricots, carrots, cilantro and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine mango juice, olive oil, lemon juice, tamari, ginger, garlic and salt. Mix well.
- Toss marinade with bean mixture and marinade in the refrigerator for at least several hours.
- To serve, bring to room temperature and toss with the spinach.
If you have a recipe you would like featured email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per week!) …because then you’ll never miss another update!