Creamy Broccoli – White Bean Soup
- 1 head broccoli (1 pound), cut into florets, stems thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 ounce shaved Parmesan, for serving
- Steam broccoli florets and stems until tender
and bright green, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Reserve 1/2 cup florets for garnish.
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until translucent, about 6 minutes.
Add beans and stock and bring mixture to a simmer.
Remove from heat and add broccoli; puree in batches in a blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish each bowl with broccoli florets, toasted pine nuts, and shaved Parmesan.
If you have a recipe you would like featured email it to email@example.com.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per week!) …because then you’ll never miss another update!