Baked Lentils and Brown Rice
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup whole grain brown rice, uncooked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese, such as cheddar.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, combine all of the ingredients, except the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove foil. Spread the cheese over the beans mixture and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
If you have a recipe you would like featured email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per week!) …because then you’ll never miss another update!