Happy Valentine’s Day
Did you know January was National Soup Month and February is National Canned Food month?
To celebrate both I tried a Rice & Bean Recipe from Erin at $5 Dinners. Her recipe started with dry beans instead of canned beans so the recipe had to be modified.
Rice & Bean Soup Recipe
Makes 5 1-cup servings
- 1 cup of canned Light Red Beans drained
- 1 cup of canned Black Beans drained
- 1 10 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis
- 1 8 oz. can of Tomato Sauce
- 1.5 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups of Water
- 1/2 cup uncooked Rice
- In a saucepan combine light red beans, black beans, diced tomatoes and green chilis, tomato sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice to saucepan and simmer on low for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove from stove top and serve.
On Monday the request for recipes went out via email, facebook and twitter. If you have a recipe you would like to submit, just email me at Monique@HarpsFC.com